Simplicity or Bad Boy?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by bucknut, Oct 19, 2005.

1. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I've never seen a Simplicity that didn't leave a beautiful cut.:)

2. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan LawnSite Senior Member

I don't doubt that Simplicity gives a great cut, but my Bad Boy also gives an absolutely gorgeous cut.

Good luck,
    Doc

3. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

Stick with the company that has the reputation until this year id never heard of bad boys and i still doubt id buy one Hell id buy a grasshopper frontmount first

4. MBDiagMan

Joe,

If you've never heard of it, how can you know if it's any good or not? I'm intrigued with such ability to know so much about something that you've never heard of.

As I said early on in this thread, there will be more pros for Simplicity because there are more people out there that are familiar with them. From that standpoint your knowledge of the Simplicity is very valuable for the original poster. Saying bad things about a machine you know nothing about is NOT usable information for the person making the choice.

I know very little about a Simplicity, so I have not bad mouthed them. I am sure that they are good machines, but the Bad Boy is also a good machine, and for all either one of us know, a better machine than a Simplicity. In fact the original poster probably has a better feel for this than we do because he has demo'd both of them.

Have a great day,
    Doc

5. MBDiagMan

bucknut,

Have you decided yet?

I wish you luck with whatever you might have decided on.

Have a great day,
    Doc

6. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

I looked at the badboy mower s last week. The nearest dealer to me is 70 miles away and they dont service the machines. I didnt demo the machine but a walk around look showed me a few things i think I would like in the mowers. Built tuff for sure, how well it cuts, well I guess I will have to wait till next spring to find out.

7. bucknut

bucknut LawnSite Member

I have ruled out the Bad Boy in my mower search. It seems great, but my local dealer has not sold one yet. He has had them since the spring. His business partner sells Dixie Choppers and says there have been some problems with the Bad Boy. He may just be trying to sell me the Dixie.

8. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

May be cause I havn't heard of a single problem with the Bad Boys. I have heard of several Dixie's that have streaking issues though.