Simplicity Pacer vs. Better Quick 36

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by PaulW, Mar 30, 2005.

1. PaulW

PaulW LawnSite Member

Any opinions on which is better? Both seem to use the same (or very similar) engine and transmission. Quality on seems very similar though the Pacer somehow seems a little more slick as far as it's controls.

The Pacer has a more convenient cutting height adjustment and the deck is floating with the rollers for striping, but it's stamped. The Quick 36 has a fabricated deck but less convenient height adjustment. This will be for homeowner use mowing about an acre once per week.

There's also the Billygoat but it doesn't seem nearly as good as either of the other two.

Thanks for any input.
  2. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I have never owned the simplicity pacer, but I do own a quick 36 (MkII) and I have been very pleased with it. the service I have gotten from gary (the owner) has been second to none. if this is for home owner use, is the ease of cut height adjustment really that important? I am able to change the cutting height on the quick 36 in about 3 minutes by my self. I would call up gary and have him talk to you about it. another thing to consider is that the quick 36 has 3 blades under the deck instead of two. this helps keep the mower very compact which leads to less scalping issues. anyway if you have any other questions about the quick 36 I'd be happy to answer them.