Simplicity Pacer

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Shopkeeper, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Shopkeeper

Shopkeeper LawnSite Member

I went to one of my local dealers today (finall found one that treats me RIGHT :cool2: ) looking for a 36 inch walk behind and I ended up finding a 34 inch walk behind...the Simplicity Pacer.

I was really skeptical and still am really skeptical about this machine, and although the guy made it sound like a good machine I'm not convinced just yet. So, I come to all of you at lawnsite and ask what you think of the Simplicity Pacer.

http://simplicitymfg.com/pacer.php

The guy at the dealer said that it is commercial grade and that two other commercial guys in the town have bought the mowers and a bunch of home owners (bad sign?) and he has gotten 0 complaints about the mower.

It's priced at $2099 at my dealer and it comes with a mulch plate. It's an 07 model.

I hope I've given you all enough information on this mower, but if not I can try my best to remember some more.

Thanks for reading,

~Shopkeeper

2. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

Well for one thing, Simplicity is a great machine, Runs and cuts great. If you're happy with it now, you will be every time you use it. I am not sure I would have got that small of a cutting deck, but if it's the size that fits you best.

3. Shopkeeper

Well, I don't actually have one right now, but as far as the deck size goes, I chose 34 simply because all I do is residential right now and it will be a few years before I venture into the commercial market. I'm also only doing 12 yards a week.

4. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought one in 05, great mower only thing broke was a spring on the deck, very small break down, cuts great and it has two striping kits,i paid $1900 with the 15 briggs, ferris has a mower similar but a little different.

5. Holders Residential

Holders Residential LawnSite Member

For that many yards Ithink it would be fine. I used to have a troy built wide cut mowed about 20 aweek for two yrs. it broke. But the simplicity should be a better mower.

6. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

The Ferris version is a little beefier. Also the reason they are similar is that simplicity now owns Ferris as well as Snapper. I think they bought them in 2005. Could be wrong on the year though. That is how Ferris got the new quick adjust deck height it was a simplicity design and when they bought them they incorporated a version for the Ferris's.

7. Shopkeeper

Can anyone compare the quality of cut this mower provides with that of other mowers?

Also, durability wise, how does this mower hold up compared to that of other mowers?

8. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

The cut is excellent,in wet turf it did ball up a little and clump but it was to wet,durability i never had no downtime just a small spring.

9. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

I own one and personally this is one awesome machine. It is easy to easy, easy to turn around, easy to raise the deck( this is one of the many reasons why I bought it). Yea I was a little worried about buying it also, but it has turned out to be a great machine and also I have a great dealer. My is an 2004 and cuts great in any condition wet, dry , 2ft. I mainly bought it to do bank repos that had gates, and it surprised me how tough this machine is. I even once a week mow an acre just because I like using it. I think mine was out the door with a mulch kit, and bag kit for $1,800.00. It is a sweet machine, and lays some nice stripes. Look in my thread below and you will see how sweet this machine stripes.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=145716&page=3

10. A.D Services

A.D Services LawnSite Member

12 lawns per week that is a perfect mower for that. i think you made a great buy. i hope you are very satisfied