Simplicity Regent

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by AndyTblc, Nov 19, 2006.

1. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

Does anybody have one of these tractors, I am thinking about puting a collection system on it, But the "specs" only say that you can have a 2 bagger system, and there is a 3 bag collection, and I says I can't us it, Would anybody know why?

2. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i had one, i had the 2 bin bagger. You can't put the three bin on it because of the extra weight when filled. The regent is a model that shouldn't even be made, the tranny died twice from the extra weight of the two bin bagger. using the 3 bin will kill the tractor. i bought the broadmoor, and even though it is only the next model up, it is 10 times more durrable than the regent, if you look at the specs, it uses the k46 transmission, the same that the quick 36 walk behind mower uses, very light duty in a tractor that heavy. the 2 bin bagger is okay, worked well, but i would recomend getting the turbo system.

You could use a cyclone rake system, but unless the places you'll be mowing and leaf cleaning are perfectly flat, it'll do the same damage on the hydro tranny as the tripple bagger. Also, with the 3 bin, you get front wheel weights to counter the weight of the bagger, this puts extra strain on the front end, and because the regent isn't as heavy as it's big brothers, it will be unstable on slopes.

3. AndyTblc

What about one of them rinkley things, it has a vacume thing and you pull it behind it, I get kind of heavy but I think it'd be fine. wouldn't you

4. mike lane lawn care

the wide body cart? i wouldn't tow it behind this, or a cyclone rake either. the tractor just doesn't have the balls for it. Unless you plan on replacing the hydro unit prematuely, then just go with the 2 bin, or the mulching system.

5. AndyTblc

How much do those cost, do you know or probly not?

6. mike lane lawn care

the wide body is $1200, a base line cyclone rake is about $1,100 out the door. again i really don't recomend it, i hate seeing people using this model tractor with attachments meant for heavy duty use.

7. AndyTblc

What about the 2 bin bagger.

8. mike lane lawn care

turbo or not? turbo unit and 2 bin runs at $850

non-turbo 2 bin is about $450.

i recomend the turbo, less clogging and better suction. it has an impeller that runs off the deck to create the suction.

9. AndyTblc

I the turbo has a motor on the side? I didn't know that. I'll have to check it out at my local dealer. I don't think it is that much. He said it was only like $200 or something. I don't know.

10. mike lane lawn care

it's not a motor, it's an impeller driven off the deck, which is driven off the tractor's engine. for $200 i couldn't even buy part of the standard bagger. My dealer gives me the prices that she has right from her little book from simplicity. maybe they have a used one on hand. but a 2 bin for a craftsman costs over $200.