Simplicity Stallion 25hp 61" cut

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Raymond S., Jun 10, 2006.

1. Raymond S.

Raymond S. LawnSite Senior Member

I stopped on my way home from work this morning and looked at the Simplicity zero turn. The one they had that caught my eye was a leftover '05 STALLION model w/ less than 1/2hour on it, 25hp Kohler ,61" cut. I am comparing it to a JD757 60" cut w/ a 25hp Kawasaki. The Simplicity he said was actually a Ferris painted orange, apparently Simplicity owns Ferris or vice-versa. This thing is build like a brick s@!*house. Independent suspension all around, very heavy gauge steel, a pretty wide stance also. Which to some might be an issue but everywhere I need to go is wide open. The out the door price w/ tax was $7,800. A little cheaper than the 757 actually, but it is an '05. He said it listed for $9,300+tax. I am wondering if I could get some feedback from you guys on this who might know this unit or a Ferris and how they compare to the JD 757. Thanks in advance...
  2. HydroGearHead

HydroGearHead LawnSite Member
    from florida

The Ferris is an awesome unit. Simplicity,Ferris, Snapper, Giant Vac, Murray and Massey Ferguson all owned by Briggs and Stratton Corp.

I really like the Ferris over the Deere. The Deere has a stamped steel deck and That will cause you problems later especially if you ever need to try to weld on it. I had a Ferris IS3000 for 3 years. I really liked it and just sold it. I didn't buy another one becasue or dealer stopped carrying them. I wish he didnt.

You might want to check out the Hustler Super Zs, they have suspension now too. We swicted to the Hustlers and love them. We have 5 of them, all 60" EFIs.

We are buying a new Walker right now for a speciality property.

PS the last 60" EFI XR7 Hustler I got a 2006 brand new for 8,499.99 plus tax
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I've been running Ferris exclusively now for 13 years with over 20 machines (3 whellers, WB's Z's, you name it). Very dependable machines and the independent suspension on the Z's are a godsend on your back at the end of a long day.
  4. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

Are you using the mulching kit on any of your Husler Super Z's ? If yes, how good are they?
  5. HydroGearHead

HydroGearHead LawnSite Member
    from florida

3 of the mowers have dedeicated Hustler mulching kits and they are awesome, especially the one with the new XR7 deck. 1 of the mowers is side dishcrage only for rough cut areas and 1 has a quick shoot flap that can be raised and lowered...actually this set up allows alot of flexibility and amazing mulching better than you think although not as good as a dedicatd mulching system