Simplicity ZT.. Not simple..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Giragosian Landscape, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Giragosian Landscape

Giragosian Landscape LawnSite Member

Hey guys!
    I have had a Simplicity ZT mower (44inch deck) for about 2 years now. The company has recently put out new mowers for the zero turn line up and the model that is closest to mine would be the Champion.(also have the triple turbo bag catcher for it) .Just wondering if any one has experienced these mowers? The only problems that i have encountered were belts slipping and breaking on the main deck and for the turbo system. Has anyone ran into this?

Thanks!
    Andrew

2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I used a simplicity ZTR once while my Bob-Cat was getting a new engine. I used the simplicity for 4 hours and hated it, I was never so happy to see my Bob-Cat again. The cut was very poor and took too long to cut a lawn and the height adjustment didn't work very well, it would cut shorter than labeled.

3. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i have the champion and i have to disagree with mowerbrad. the cut is tremendous and the height is whats its suppose to be. he must've had a bad one or something. the only thing i dont like about it is the front wheels are kinda small and you have to watch curb jumping or you'll knock it off the rim.

4. Giragosian Landscape

Giragosian Landscape LawnSite Member

I think that besides some of the belt issues i have had, the champion lays down a really nice stripe and cuts really well. I bought the mower because it was what i could afford at the time and i really liked the "free floater" deck on it. The triple deck clean sweep bagger attachment does a great job with clippings/leaves. Since this mower, i have added a Toro 48 hydro WB and its great!

Andrew