simplicity ZTR snowblade??

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by exmarklover, Sep 16, 2004.

1. exmarklover

exmarklover LawnSite Member
    from midwest

Has any one put a snow blade on a Simplicity consumer z, or any residential ZTR? I have an old Craftsman blade that I could retro fit to the new Z but I am not sure if the frame will hold up under the abuse. The last thing I want to do is bend the frame on my new 4000 dollar mower. However I do not want to buy a snowblower or do any real work :D Any help would be great!

2. robertbick

robertbick LawnSite Member

I think you will burn out the hydros and or wheel motors pushing snow around. ZTR's are not meant for this type of work. Even the commercial ZTR's are not meant to push or pull much weight at all.

3. exmarklover

from midwest

Realy! I have not heard that. I know that a few ZTR's have a factory attachment for pushing snow. Country clipper, grass hopper, scag, exmark to name a few I know of. Has anyone else done this or heard of burning up hydros? Any other help.

4. robertbick

robertbick LawnSite Member

Are they manufacturer attachments or third party? I know exmark does not make attachments for their ZTRs. Exmark also has a limit to the weight you can pull behind it with the hitch accessory and it is not much.

5. exmarklover

from midwest

Ya, true on the eXmark 3'rd party thing and I am not sure how much you can pull. But if you do a search on the commercial threads you will find people pushing snow with an eXmark and with all the others I listed. Any one else PLEASE HELP!

6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Don't do it.
    Commercial mowers have much better hydro systems than a homeowner "z" and they are marginal at best for abuses like pushing snow.
    Save your hydros and buy a snow blower.

7. exmarklover

from midwest

Now I was told that the simplicity ZTR used the same hydros as commercial Z's. Any one know the truth and will pushing snow with dual hyros burn up under the abuse? Any first hand knowledge? Thanks!