1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

simplicity ztr

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by arod, Oct 13, 2004.

1. arod

arod LawnSite Member

picking up a brand new one today!
    can't wait.
  2. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

What model? I have a 20hp 50" and love it. 100 hours on it now with zero problems.
  3. arod

arod LawnSite Member

i bought the 1844 to play on for a couple of years until i can afford a big exmark.
    i have test driven it and love it....can't wait to try it out on my yard!
  4. vettenuts

vettenuts LawnSite Member

I have the same one and so far have used it twice. I am very pleased with the ability to cut at high speed and the finish on the lawn. It is top notch. Also, the quality of the unit now that I have it home and can really inspect it is excellent. I am sure you will be happy with it.
  5. arod

arod LawnSite Member

just picked it up!
    i have heard nothing but good things so far on the simplicity.
    i hope it last for years.
  6. vettenuts

vettenuts LawnSite Member

Congrats. My wife thinks I am nuts when I am outside playing with it :)
  7. YardSlave

YardSlave LawnSite Member

I've also been looking at a number of ZTR's and would appreciate your input on: 1. The Simplicity's handling on slopes (from gentle to more extreme). 2. Control over the striping effect. As I understand it, the Simplicity has full rollers across the back side of the mower deck which I suspect will push the grass over giving that striping effect. My pref. is to NOT have striping (looks great on a ball field, but not my irregular yard!). Can some of those roller be removed to eliminate the stripes?

Any other findings about this machine would be greatly appreciated.
  8. arod

arod LawnSite Member

well, i cut grass for three hours last night when i got home and absolutely love the simplicity!.....smooth riding, pretty quick.
    cuts real well.
    i tested it on a moderate slope, and it handled it pretty well. i haven't had the nerve to try a real steep hill.
    the striper laid some nice stripes on the yard, but it depends a lot on the height and type of grass you are cutting.
    i haven't checked to see if you can remove them yet...i am sure you can.
  9. arod

arod LawnSite Member

mine did too!
    called me crazy
  10. stryper

stryper LawnSite Member
    from IL

YardSlave...I can't speak to the slope issue, and I don't own a Simplicity Consumer Z, but I do have a Regent and the cut is outstanding, and think the decks pretty much hold true to form across the Simplicity line. And if that's the case, the cuts should be fairly consistent too. With that in mind, you might also want to consider the Snapper Fast Cut which, I believe, is virtually the same machine as the Simplicity Consumer Z, but without the roller on back. They might even come out of the same factory, as Simplicity bought Snapper a while back and kinda melded their lines together.

Personally, however, I can't imagine not wanting stripes, curves, squiggles, etc...properly executed, a patterned, irregular yard might look even better than a ballfield.