since everyone is getting bored.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thartz, Feb 9, 2003.

1. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

Okay cabin fever is getting the best of most of us; I'll throw this out for brain food.I have to submit a bid for a lawn install... 720 sq. ft. of sod ( no sight prep;Grader already took care of that) 615 blue rug juniper installed on a hillside 125'x35' 1gal. pots plus 2" mulch: Here's the catch,You have to lay a step ladder on the hillside because it would be too hard to walk up it carrying plants;any takers on this bid? give me your price for labor only since material prices for plants and sod vary.Mulch you can add seperate since we are all kinda close on that.I'll post my bid afterwards.

2. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

They way I would bid that is: sq' price for sod, that's easy. Then a square yard price for mulch, also easy. Add the cost of plantings, plus mark up, plus planting charge. I normally charge $5.00 for small plants, $10 for shrubs, and $20. for small trees. So multiply the planting charge by 615 to get labor charge. Keep in mind that my charge is for general planting, not on a hillside. You need to figure out how many more hours it will add to the plantings because of the slope and add an additional charge for that labor.

I can not give you ecaxt numbers because I would have to see the job. Hope this helps you.

3. Mulch at my price per a yard, the rest at 2.5 times the total costs.

Add about 8% for the diffaculty in planting.

If you payed wholesale, then use the retail prices. They know what thos are also.

4. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

What I finally did was standard cost sq. ft. on sod.standard price on mulch .On the planting I figured how many we could plant per hour per person.LGF you are extremely close;it came out to about 2.25 for the labor when I calculated per minute.Didn't think about the degree of difficulty.After all the posts read on that about lawn care I should have.