since its gonna rain tommorow.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Sep 12, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

customer calls, says, "since we are on your saturday schedule, and its gonna rain tommorow, we want u to cum today, if u dont, we will be very upset." who the f do they think they are? i am scheduled to do a 3 hr trim job there as well as mow the lawn. what do i tell fridays customers? isnt it funny how they think they are the only ones on your customer list

2. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

tell them " I will mow it today but, if you dont pay me more I will be very upset".

3. A1 Lawn@Landscapes

A1 Lawn@Landscapes LawnSite Member

Depends.........

If it was the house of a large customer and they were having a wedding on Sunday then i would, otherwise do what you do and let us know what you said.......

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

what did i say? what do u think? i trimmed shrubs and pine trees all day. one trimmer broke down. got stung by a wasp, had a truck overflowing with brush, got to the dump only to find that the e.p.a shut it down! went back, hooked up the trailer, did 4 cuts, after one, the lady comes out , after i was all done and packed up and says, "id like it cut shorter." after i stopped laughing i drove away without saying anything. got home, started to do cement work on my back steps, wife says, "mrs. so and so called, etc." so, this is what i said, " hello, mrs. so n so, i got your messege, unfortunately i cant do the lawn or trimming today, we will however attempt to keep on schedule for tommorow, providing the rain isnt that bad. its your lawn, and your money, if this upsets you that much, ill understand if u need to hire someone else." she was like, "but, but, no, i didnt mean it that way." i said, "great, see u tommorow, click!" freakin people

5. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

thats how u do biz bobby:cool:

6. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds Like a Good way to me. I'm my own Boss No one and I mean No one Tells me what to do. I have been self employed for 4 years now, had most of my customers for 4 years now and they all know that I do what I want when I want. If they dont Like it hire someone Else. Im not being rude, but Thats what Self employment is about. Not having a boss. Just my 2 cents

7. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome to being a full-timer, bobby.

Crawdad payup