Since this seems to be the OFFICAL picture forum

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by DVS Hardscaper, Dec 5, 2007.

1. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

2. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

very nice work.... i am envious.

3. GroundScapesIncorporated

GroundScapesIncorporated LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Looks very good DVS,
    I will be honest though, I hate that style of retaining wall block (not your work) the work quality looks top notch.

4. DoubleB

DoubleB LawnSite Member
    from So.Dak.

Looks great DVS,
    Did you vaneer the pavers to the concrete or did you use bedding sand? in which case was the concrete okay to lay without fabric under the bed?

5. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

6. DVS Hardscaper

Thanks guys!

The retaining wall faces a wooded area and is not visible from the view of the owners.

The coping around the pool is mortared to the concrete pool deck.

And the pavers are set in bedding sand with geo-textile fabric placed over the existing concrete pool deck.

The pavers are manufactered by a company called 'Bradstone', in Harpers Ferry, WV. Which is owned by Aggregate Industries. The pavers used are called 'Old Town'.

It's quite a job. In a few weeks a pergola with retractable awnings is going in, along with ornamental iron fencing. A small water feature, planting, and outdoor lighting will be done in early spring.

7. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Nice work. Glad the wall doesnt face the house. Is there any better looking cap or spout for that drain?

Dont you guys clean your pools in the winter? [​IMG]

8. DVS Hardscaper

We're not a pool company! Typically when folks invest in a nice pool patio, if the pool is NOT new.....they replace the liner when the patio construction work is finished. So cleaning the pool isn't necessary as the liner is about to be replaced :)

Not sure which drain(s) you're referencing. We have drains in place which will have grates installed after the poly sand is brushed in. And the other drains are buried.

9. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Go redo those cuts in the picture above! They look horrible! No flow.

10. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

why the geo tex on concrete. The only reason I could see would be to keep sand from migrating into future cracks...is there any other reason?