1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

sindaiwa 22t or stihl fs55-wich trimmer is best

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by hokeypokey, Aug 7, 2004.

1. hokeypokey

hokeypokey LawnSite Member

i have one acre with a lot of rough ditch and tree line. my local dealer has both the shin 22t & stihl fs55 for $199.00. i can't make up my mind. is the lighter shin strong enough or do i need the bigger stihl?
  2. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Try and get him to come down a little on the 22T. I mean.. $199 is list. Soon, you should be able to find two newly designed (straight and curved shaft) trimmers for the HomePro line at your Shindaiwa dealer, the T195S and the F195S. The straight shaft T195S should be retailing for the same $199.99 as the current 22T. If they don't have them in stock, ask if they can order you one from the distributor.

Just my 2 cents.
  3. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the FS55 and couldn't be happier. I did a lot of research and would have gone with the FS85, however, I'm only using this for my yard and the 55 has PLENTY of power for my needs. I use it to put an edge on my sidewalks, driveway, etc,... as well as trim the property. Either one should do the trick.
  4. Lawnboy112

Lawnboy112 LawnSite Member

I agree. Just my 2 cents.
  5. kkat

kkat LawnSite Member

You cant go wrong with the shindaiwa 1 of the best units on the market
  6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have a stihl fs 55 and It is a good trimmer. I really like the trimmer head, I think the auto-cut head is about the best on the market