Singing the blues!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sheppard, Aug 25, 2001.

1. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

Well sort of... yesterday I mowed, for the first time, a new account I bid on. Figured it would take me 3.5 to 4 hours to do the job each time. Took me 5 hours the first time. Mowed everything with my primary mower- a Snapper 36' WB. This is a HOA next to the Gulf ( a short trip from Tallahassee). Could not define what part of my body hurt the most when I finally got home. Never trimmed as mush as I did yesterday. When I went to sleep last night I actually had dreams about what it felt like to start in 5th gear while I stood on my Velkie! Oh well, the account pays $950.00 a month for by-weekly visits (1 x mo. in the winter). Next door to the condaminiums is a well known resterraunt by the sea. Life is great!

Cordially,
    Sheppard

2. Highpoint

Highpoint LawnSite Member

So they say. Sounds like you need to bump your equipment lineup to a 48" WB or 52" WB. If the account can support the size of course. Good luck!

3. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Sheppard i think Highpoint hit the nail on the head. I have a snapper 52" and at a rate of 80% you can almost double your mowing time,as far as the trimming goes well youll just have to live with that one. Hang in there and good luck with your new account. Marks Mowing Service

4. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

Wait until you get into a rythm... Every yard has one.... Your times will get shorter, you just have to figure out the best way to mow it....

Mark

PS. A bigger mower deck would help too! :D