single hydro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bare spot, May 10, 2007.

1. bare spot

bare spot LawnSite Bronze Member

could use any thoughts, help or regrets on snapper single hydro, and the thumb control steering feature. i'm looking for 32 wb and since it's listed as commercial would believe it can hold up to daily. the plan of purchase is next month,.. purchase plans are weeks away and maybe by that time will have room and set-up for 36 wb(hustler), but for now need this size mower and don't know of any other ones that might handle or turn good.(if thumb control works) any thoughts bad,good are very much appreciated on this. :usflag: :canadaflag: :usflag: :canadaflag: :bare spot :waving: out

2. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

get a dual hydro

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

If you can't afford a dual hydro then get a good belt drive machine, like Scag. The single hydro can wear you down if you get on slight slopes and hills.

4. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I have the quick 36..its a single and i love it. I dont do slopes and hills though and I have the step saver (soon)

5. bullethead

bullethead LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

There isn't much out there in a 32". Just bought a 32" Wright w/b (it is the only dual hydro I could find). It's well built but it is heavy and the back tires are relatively narrow. Not great when trying to crank through wet yards. It is less tiring on the operator, but I aint driving it. Plus it's $2k more than the ol belt drives. Think we are just going to stick with belt drive 32"s from here on out.

Re Quick 36 - I wasn't able to give the Quick36 a fair shake because it can't make it through most of our gates plus the guys say it won't run as fast as other machines - so I'm probably going to have to let her go.

6. bare spot

bare spot LawnSite Bronze Member

sometimes beat myself up over some purchases.but think i found machine, didn't get much local dealer support.; thanks you for ideas, bare spot