single wheel flatbed

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by GLC, Jul 24, 2013.

1. GLC

GLC LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Here is my question...does anyone have any pics of a single wheel lawn truck? I have done the search and come up with little. I want to build one but need a few ideas on design. I am trying to carry two walkers with 42 inch decks. They can fit side by side but I am working with a 97 chevrolet 2500 frame. Any help, pics, comments, accepted. Thanks

2. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

I wanna do something similar, but never really thought of using a 3/4 ton, I was thinking 1 ton with detachable dovetail/ramp...I could put 36 and 60 stander, and use it for my spray rig, z spray

3. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

Someone on here did one on an 1/2 ton truck with a dovetail sometime ago.

4. GLC

GLC LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

anyone got pics of them? I saw the other threads but not really what I want...3/4 ton should carry the weight of two walkers...one is an MT with 20hp kohler and 42 ghs deck...the other is a MB with18hp briggs and 42 mulching deck...about 1600 pounds plus weight of bed equals about 2100lb...maybe airbag it...

5. GLC

GLC LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

thinking something like in the attached photo

photo 1.JPG

6. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

that is funky!

7. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

That's a cool idea but that thing is hideous. I think the npr style is the only way to go.

8. GLC

GLC LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

it might be ugly, but it will make money. I like the NPRs too but my budget wont allow. Maybe once I go fulltime, I may can afford one.

9. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

10. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

I think the old ford is what makes it look ugly. Ive seen it done to newer fords and chevys and it doesnt look bad at all.