single wheel velke arm size

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BRIAN GALLO, Nov 21, 2001.

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

I'm going to be buying a single wheel velke and can't decide on which arm length to get, 15" or 18". I will be putting this on an older Toro with t-bar. What size do you guy's run?
  2. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises LawnSite Senior Member

I find that the 18" arm is too long. It seems like you are too far from the machine, and are always "leaning" into the t-bar. For me at least the 15" arm is very comfortable. If it's possible, try both out and see which one works for you.
  3. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

I run jungle wheels and the arm is ajustable but with as many thats out there you could probly find a one wheeler with an ajustable arm.
  4. I had a Toro and had the 18" one. I had it shortened to 12"

Go for the 15" one.

Also my Lesco 36" has th 15" one and does just fine for it.
  5. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I hate my velke. I'll have to measure it to see which it is. I going to a trailing type with caster wheels. I 'm going to put it together this week end (making it myself). ;)

A fixed type seems a lot easier to steer, and you can off set it for better trimming.
  6. RB

RB LawnSite Senior Member

I would go w/18". I never had a velke on a toro (t-bar), but had an exmark with 15" and changed to an 18" and felt more comfortable. I guess some of it depends on your size; shorter, maybe under 6'0" tall could get by w/15" over 6' get 18". ????
  7. yergus

yergus LawnSite Member

Billy, lesco sells the sulkie, it is stationary and trails behind the mower. it is very comfortable and easy to get off, or even walk beside on the too steep hills to ride.