Sit or Stand, Walk or Ride

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNGODFATHER, Aug 6, 2003.

While mowing which one is your prefference?

1. Sit on ZTR

57 vote(s)
  2. Stand on sulky

19 vote(s)
  3. Walk behind WB

10 vote(s)
  4. Sit on sulky

2 vote(s)
  1. That is the question.

Which do you prefer to do while mowing?

Obviously a 21" self propelled push mower and other mowers a velke can't go on is excluded, so please don't vote if using them as the factor.
  2. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

I only have two ztr's and a walk behind with a seated sulkey.

So I chose to sit on the GD.
  3. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

I am riding my sulky most of the time (when the property permits) so that's how I voted, but I do walk behind the mowers some too.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

sit all day so i can walk when i get home.
  5. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Good reason! My dad used to do alarm installs (did the silverdome in detroit too if anyone knows where its at, and since he spent most of his days on foot, he has major knee problems now:(
  6. lawn perfection

lawn perfection LawnSite Senior Member

i stood on a sulky for the last 6yrs. got my first ztr this yr, i prefer to sit when i can.
  7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

stand on sulky
  8. Movinfr8

Movinfr8 LawnSite Member

Only stand on a sulky, so I voted that way, I might one day sit, but I kinda like standing. It gives a good view of the deck and area around it, and some have said it is easier on the back!
  9. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I spend most of the time walking behind the mowers but use the sulky on the larger properties.

10. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

no walking, sitting, just pure Ben Hurr riding*

Also, this for Gravely Man, I just curious how can you cut walking behind WB most of time? Even a 36" WB can pull your belly out if you cut with 3rd or 4th gear, let alone the more powerful Hydro (try 5th or 6th speed!) I walked for 2 weeks and I hurried to dealer to get jungle wheels for my Metro otherwise I felt like working out in gym, running treadmill for 6 hrs! imaging walking behind that 36" over 450lbs everyday? exhausted under 95* heat, brother, doing 10 houses that day, I went home collapsed.
    One day okay, two days okay, 3 days fine but 6 days walking behind?

So tell me you must be something more logical than pure excercise not to use sulky on your WB.