Site clearing proposal

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Qdriver, Mar 3, 2004.

1. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

kidding about what?
  2. Qdriver

Qdriver LawnSite Member

Thanks everyone,..

This was just something I pieced together. I am no attorney, or even a paralegal, (and I guess I should brush up on my witting skills too... :eek: jus joshin Charlies)

I know a lot of people on this site do not like contracts or legal documents. I feel they are necessary and at least a step in the right direction as far as protecting yourself.

Everyone has to make a judgment on how well they know the client or potential client. This was for a new relationship. So I feel it is best to protect yourself in the beginning.

As to the dead deer,.. if it was a new client and that is all I was doing for her,..YES, I would write a contract/agreement. If she had been a client for many years,.. NO, I would just do it.

You can say "Well, you will never get a client then!" OK,. I understand that may happen. But the way I look at it,.. even if you have X number of clients with no contracts, it only takes one to ruin you. (and doing good work is not enough to protect you) Better to have fewer clients and be protected at least some what...

"That's Allstate's stand,..whats yours...?" :D

Anyway,... The tenant of my potential client agreed to take responsibility and clean the site himself. So, the contract was not proposed. thank you all for the suggestions,...