site commander

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by plowking35, Apr 6, 2001.

1. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Just something that casey 66 and a few others might enjoy, I know Geoff will.
    http://www.thesitecommander.com
    Now dont everyone go and sign up, I want to win the truck myself,the only way I will own a ford, is if I get it for free.
    Now if that truck was a 1 ton d max crew cab, with dewalt or milwalkee all over it, we would have a sale.
    Dino

[Edited by plowking35 on 04-06-2001 at 09:49 PM]

2. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

If I win, Dino you can have the tools.

Geoff

3. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Dino said he doesn't like those brands of tools Geoff. So if you win I think you should send them my way, I'm not as picky. Although I would probably try to trade them in for Milwaukee stuff to match my other tools.

4. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in awe. I want that truck. Sorry guys, as much as I feel like we're all a big family here... you guys are on your own!!!

You could pretty much build a whole house out of that truck!!!

-Tim

5. Rooster

Rooster LawnSite Senior Member

Now, Tim that is a real truck it is a FORD. If you won that truck it would start snowing again, and I know you wouldn't want that!

:cool:

6. Alan

Alan Member

Winning that would be a Real Deal to get F*&%ed On.

7. bam

bam LawnSite Senior Member
    from .

Where's the plow?

8. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER LawnSite Member

Is that 2wd ? If it is then its a total waste, I'd rather buy a box truck instead.

9. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

It is 4wd and one thing I forgot to add, is that when I saw it at the Journal of Light Construction Expo in Providence RI, the porter cable guys informed us of the 17000 volt alarm system tied into the body of the truck. Try to get in and it will set you back about 12'. He might have been
    bs ing us, but some guys were still touching the truck, and he really was adamant about getting back away from it.
    It also has the power stroke, but with the crew cab, I dont think a plow is allowed.
    If you win the truck, it will have at least 20-30K on the odo, so itwill be just about out of warranty anyway.
    I do like porter cable tools, but think the d max would have been a better platform, that way with 30K on the clock, the truck wont be junk. haha And the yellow dewalt chevy show trucks with black lettering look way cool, in fact GM has a dewalt option package.
    And remember, you guys wounldnt even know about the truck if I didnt post it here, so at least give a chance to get shocked.
    Dino

[Edited by plowking35 on 04-07-2001 at 09:22 PM]

10. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

Dino,

As far as the 17000 volt alarm goes... I doubt it. I've been instaling alarms and remote starters and the like for a while now, and yes I've heard about and even been asked to install these types of alarms... but not very many people actually go through with it, especially on a show truck like that. Imagine a little kid running up going "Cool mommy, look at this..." and then waking up about 30-minutes later not knowing who he is and needing a change of underwear. That would not be a good thing. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it's rather expensive, and not very practical. Could you imagine if you forgot to disarm it before reaching for the handle?

To sum it up... I think the guy was bs'ing you.

-Tim