Site host (godaddy.com) someone to build it?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by racer56, Jan 9, 2008.

1. racer56

racer56 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

Who do I want to have host this thing? I like Bob Parsons way of thinking from godaddy, is that a good one? Name register for 10 years for 80.00 total didn't seem bad. What I don't understand is the different host levels and such. Is that website tonight as good as having someone do a small site for us? I had a guy say he does everything in raw code and the site builder things use a translation of some kind. Anyway can someone help get me pointed in the right direction? I see these places that build sites come and go fast around here so I feel I need to look to a national chain so they will be there and be able to help when we need it.
    We just want a site with a few pages on it and a link to paypal to pay us. Thats it so not too tough.

2. BFLL

BFLL LawnSite Member

check out sitecube.com

3. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

IF YOU'VE NEVER DONE A WEBSITE BEFORE, DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT WASTING MONEY ON THE WEBSITE TONIGHT PROGRAM. CRAP CRAP CRAP AND MORE CRAP.

Get the pro to design it and host at Godaddy if you want. Start with the minimum you need, you can always upgrade it later. Also, start with a month by month contract until you see how it works out.

4. racer56

racer56 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

You mean have the godaddy guys build the thing? They will do it for alot less than the guy here. They want 400 but he talked like they would come down some if I did the domain register for 10 years and hosting for 10 years kind of sounded like the site would be 200 total. Sounds like they just want a check and will do it for whatever you will pay. Kind of makes me nervous.