Site running slow

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Lawn Man Dave, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Lawn Man Dave

Lawn Man Dave LawnSite Senior Member

The last few week's it seem's it is taking a long time for the site to refresh when you hit refresh or for thread's that are not big to load and quite often an error page comes up saying the server is to busy.

I don't think it is just me because other sites are runing fast.

Just FYI.

2. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

That's weird, been fine on my end.

3. Lawn Man Dave

Lawn Man Dave LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I am starting to notice it now on other sites....... Still get the server to busy from time to time though and not on other sites..

4. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Rarely I get the Server Busy message. I'm pretty sure that means that the max number of users is logged in as allowed.

5. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

Seems fine for me, the one one I have a problem is with "Lets Max this Out" in the off topic discussion, but having almost 128,000 posts, I can see why it takes a minute.
    But other discussions I click onto, I don't have a problem

6. gomowdig

gomowdig LawnSite Member

I have recently found that Lawn Site is very slow to refresh on the Pics blog. I did a degrag and speed improved immediately. I normally do a defrag about every six weeks but this latest one was after two weeks. I'm not an expert by any stretch so not making any claims. just my recent experience. I have a DSL connection and a well equiped PC and would urge the site gurus put their heads together and at least think about it.