1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

site that offers weather outlook

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Sep 2, 2003.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I am currently looking for a web site that offers weather outlook for the future..such as snow accumlation for the upcoming winter, whether or not next year is going to wet, etc.
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

they can't get the forecast right for tomorrow, and you want to see what they have to say about something in 2-4 months?!
  4. tiedeman

from earth

thank you very much
  5. tiedeman

from earth

I try to keep update on whether or not the winter is going to be heavy, or next year is going to be a wet or dry year. It actually helps me prepare for the coming seasons. Whether to go out and buy that new machine or wait.

I hope that I am not the only one that does this:rolleyes:
  6. GLAN

GLAN Banned

7. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Just buy the "Old Farmers Almanac". Seems that those old farmers know a lot more about predicting weather than our current weather forcasters with all their computers and doppler radars. Just goes to show you how far you can get with a little common sense.
  8. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Accu Weather is the best .... hands down .... the premium site is $5 per month for 15 day forecast but the free one is fine fore next few days ..... just check the hourly forecast to what goes on in your area .... n see how good it really is

Same web site that the Coast Guard uses
  9. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

MARYLANDMOWER LawnSite Member

Accuweather???? I respectfully disagree with that statement, but anyway. Go to weather.com then go into the forums, when it's closer to winter they will have a winter forum. You get some very interesting opinions, model data, etc. Just take some of it with a grain of salt.