SiteCube Website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by SoDak, Mar 28, 2008.

1. SoDak

SoDak LawnSite Member

I used and I know it is all flash, but it was easy and inexpensive. Next off season I'll probably look into something a little easier to navigate. Tell me what you think.
  2. B & B Yardscape

B & B Yardscape LawnSite Member

I clicked on something, maybe about us, and the info came up and i couldn't get back or click on anything else. Very flashy site if it worked.
  3. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

I lost patience with it quickly. But it does look great. I do love the flash look and feel.
  4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

your logo looks pretty bad.... but otherwise the site is nice. its taking forever to load the pictures in your "gallery"
  5. SoDak

SoDak LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input. The site loads very quickly on my computer, but as all of you have alluded to, as well some of my friends, the site can load slowly and is a little hard to navigate. I'll probably build something a little cleaner and easier to use when I get time. As for now, I am too busy gearing up for the season.
  6. Bill S

Bill S LawnSite Member

with an all flash site you will have a lot of troubles getting your site searched by the spiders...

the design on the left side of your site home page is blurry, looks unprofessional...

I would work on the site sooner than later, it can be a big leads generator...
  7. Easy Way Lawn Care

Easy Way Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I mean no disrespect to you, I am sure you worked hard on it. But, that is one of the worst sites I have seen. Flash is fine for a little animation here and there but for a whole site is a bad idea. Unfortunately, many companies don't understand the ramifications of using a site built entirely on Flash.

I am on a T1 server and you site took about 2 mins to load.

Reduce the excessive Flash content and build a more user accessible site and you should be fine. Remember you are selling a lawn/landscape service not a "look at my neat Flash" service.

Lawn guy turned web developer