situation

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by randy2625, Mar 24, 2004.

1. randy2625

randy2625 LawnSite Member

Passed out about 1000 flyers last week and i have another 1000 to pass out. plus i have valpak going to 10k people at the end of this month.my problem is i have 15 customers and im looking to get 50 or so. but right now im starting to get scared that i might not even get 5 this year no calls what so ever.i hoping it has been because of the cold temps here in toledo, oh.but i really want to expand this year and im trying to do everything i can. i just ordered my magnets for truck , might get yard signs, did val-pak , had professional flyrs made up. what am i missing??

2. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

randy keep doing all those things plus more, more, more flyers! I am still getting calls from flyers I put out one month ago.
    The first year I mowed, I only had 12 customers the first mowing day of the season (April 1st) by the end of May I had 60. Every moment I had that I was not mowing, I was putting out flyers.

3. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I think Discovery is right. It is not about how many customers you have on day one, it is an ongoing thing to always gather more and more. if you get one more each week, by the end of the year, you'll be set. This way, you can start weeding out the bad ones, and replacing them. This is why advertising throughout the year is also helpful. maybe not as intense as the spring or fall, but something to keep your name in people's minds.

4. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

You should see some warm temps move through your area this week and hopefully that should spark some business!

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi randy2625,

You sound like you have a lot of energy and drive. I think this is going to be a great year for you. Keep up the great work.

6. randy2625

still waiting for calls.... man what is up with this i even put more out yesturday....:cry: :cry: this rate im going to go broke this year....

7. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Let your current customers know you have a referral program. Give them $10 off for every successful referral. I'm holding my breath too. The weather up here is pretty crappy and no calls are coming in. Be patient..

8. randy2625

im think im gonig to go door to door to about 150 houses that seems like a good way to get some clients if i talk to them..anyone tried it ???

9. Colorado Mowerboy

Colorado Mowerboy LawnSite Member

Randy relax, it will come. Negative thoughts bring negative things, positive thoughts bring positve things.

10. randy2625

well i went door to door , got three people that said if there old company doesnt call this week they will have me do it and three that i signed for the year with only 100 flyers....