six

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by tjlco, Sep 10, 2011.

1. tjlco

tjlco LawnSite Senior Member

thats right 6 more weeks till EOW!!!!!!

2. Johnagain

Johnagain LawnSite Senior Member

I'M READY, It's been a long hot summer.

3. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

Last year I split it up half on one week and the other half the following. This year I am doing them all on one week then having the other week off. How are you guys doing it this year? I want to time it right to have Thanksgiving week off. Thanks

4. Same here. I only have 2 accounts that remain weekly during winter. There's no need to split em up when you can get all done in the same week. Spend the off week at seminars, working on your biz, taking care of equipment, truck, etc.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. tjlco

tjlco LawnSite Senior Member

That's funny, I have always started the week of thanksgiving, counted backwards, until the middle of October. Where ever it lands it lands. This year happens to be the 21st of October. Now this year starting in January I may start splitting it up some so all the guys at least get some hours, I haven't decided yet
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Johnagain

Johnagain LawnSite Senior Member

Usually if you work the first week of Nov and take EOW off then you should get both Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks off. It doesn't always work like that but most of the time it will.

7. Rednekdaddy

Rednekdaddy LawnSite Member

Real stupid question, what is EOW?

8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

End Of Weekly

Red

Much of Florida has a year round mowing season but in winter the grass slows to the point of only needing mowed every two weeks. Depending of how far South this can start Oct 1st to Nov 1st. 38 to 42 cuts a year is the normal schedule.

9. Rednekdaddy

Rednekdaddy LawnSite Member

Thank you, I just had a "senior moment"!!

10. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

EOW= Every other week or end of weekly.