1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Size 12, The new Pesticide

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by cphillips0053, Oct 20, 2009.

1. cphillips0053

cphillips0053 LawnSite Member

Only stuff like this happens in my city...
    I thought the whole situation was hilarious.
    Not the animal cruelty part.

http://www2.godanriver.com/gdr/news...omping_opossum_to_death_in_front_of_po/14769/

The last part about shooting a dog comes from this cop shooting a dachshund for charging at him a few months back.
    :hammerhead:

2. sedge

sedge LawnSite Fanatic

3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Anybody that goes out of their way to abuse, mame, or kill an animal is not a friend of mine. :hammerhead::hammerhead:

Studies show that young people that do these things to animals are more likely to abuse people later in life.

Did the opposum do something to this guy that warranted a violent death? :confused:

4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

wow, nice job there guy, better apply at walmart!

5. americanlawn

from midwest

Prob is, we don't run the same ride-ons that you do. If we did, we'd be in the "welding business" -- or maybe in the "rust-removal" biz.

Aren't you the same guy that bashed Ray? I think so. That's why I "consider the source". Ray asked for advice, but you trashed him (in your typical immature Z-Spray style).....too bad, cuz most Z-Spray guys are top notch. So is LT Rich. So don't be surprised if your are not the November poster boy for Z's.

Okay bud, I know I'm rubbing you the wrong way, but I figure you deserve it. Mainly regarding your value of native animals.

2 units = less than 2 days downtime all year (mostly for upgrades), americanlawn :usflag::canadaflag:

6. foreplease

foreplease LawnSite Bronze Member

I understood grassman's comment was directed at Evan Bryce Schuler.

Don't have an opinion on this one but I find I agree with many of grassman177's posts. I could be all wet but think you read something into this one that maybe isn't there.

It happens sometimes.

7. a plus bob

a plus bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Larry :nono: :nono: :nono: I am sure Grassman meant the guy wanting a police Job not you :hammerhead:

8. americanlawn

from midwest

That's cool. Sorry grassman if I offended you. But I am an animal lover, cuz most of them were here before we were. Heck -- I even feed the racoons, etc (when we have snow cover during the winter). Opossums & neighborhood cats are always welcome too, cuz they got to eat in order to survive. I use cheap dry cat food, and it's common to see cats, coons, opossoms, etc eating at the same time -- seems they all get along.

What gets me are folks who build expensive homes in wooded lots...then they complain about native animals.

Hope this clears this up. Sorry grassman. Z's are fine units.

9. sedge

sedge LawnSite Fanatic

agreed. killing a opossum by smashing it's head in quickly is not abusing it. he killed it. i used to have to kill our sick kittens when i grew up on the farm. one quick hit on the cement block with the head, dead instantly, no suffering, no abuse. sick calves, hammer to the head, dead usually one hit. just because he killed it by unorthodox means doesn't make it abuse. abuse would be to poke at with a knife for an hour or related to kill it...

10. americanlawn

from midwest

I understand where you're coming from. I was raised on a farm in NW Iowa, and my parents considered the "barn cats" a very low priority. Many died due to starvation, and most had frost bitten ears, But the wiser/older I get, I realize that all animals have needs and they also have individual personalities, just like humans.

So to starve them, abuse them, mame them, or kill without reason truly disgusts me.