Size Bobcat right for bizz

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by FinerCutslawnCare, Jan 29, 2008.

1. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey all just a quick question on what size of bobcat people use for there landscaping jobs and snow removal???

2. kps2389

kps2389 LawnSite Senior Member

The company I work for runs 4 Bobcat S175's they great plenty of power for any job. We use tree augers, harley rakes, snow plows, sweepers. They are great machines.

3. FinerCutslawnCare

thanks for the reply! Buying new things is the hardest part for me!

4. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

We run an A300. The all wheel steer is awesome...tires last about 1000 hours...can go across a customers lawn without a trace. Would buy another one in a heartbeat. The machine is great all around...lift capacity is great...horsepower is plenty...no complaints

5. yamadooski

yamadooski LawnSite Senior Member

WE still use an older version 873. Which is between an S250 and S300.
    I would love to get an A300 that it the way to go.
    We were intalling huge Ligustrum tree yesterday and the root ball just would not line up in the whole the way we wanted it to and out of all the 12 trees installed that day that was the only spot I tore up the grass.

6. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

T-190. There are times I wish the lift capacity was a bit greater but all in all a great machine.

7. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

On the track machines what do you tend to get for a life span on a set of tracks? The replacement tracks are so expensive, that is my biggest drawback from looking into running one. We also seem to spend a fair share of time on the asphalt with our machines and I would imagine that would eat up the rubber tracks pretty quick.

8. Mike Fronczak

Mike Fronczak LawnSite Senior Member

I run a 773 & 873 both 2001. Both have there place the 873 is an awesome machine, but for most project the 773 or the toro dingo are used as transport is easier. Anything larger than the 873 (weighs 7500 lbs, + attachments, + 1900 for trailer)would require a CDL class A license to transport as the trailer would be over 10,000 lbs keep that in mind.

9. FinerCutslawnCare

Saw a brand new t300 bobcat on trailer the other day and WOW, those things are huge!

10. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

The T-300's are SWEET... So are the new T-320's..As I try and expand my biz into more concrete demolition/removal and possibly home demo and site prep, I've been keeping my eyes on em.. It's gonna be awhile, though.

The T-300 really isn't the most practical machine for everyday applications; aside from the fact that they are physically HUGE, their price tag is as well..

As far as the tracks.. They are expensive to replace. We actually have not yet had to replace the tracks on our T-190 yet; it has right over 50 hrs. and I want to say the tracks are still at 90%+. It's noteworthy to mention that I predominately use my machine on asphalt/concrete.

I like the "grounded" feeling you get with the tracks; I believe that tire machines tip easier. I also like the versatility the tracks offer - tire machines can get you in trouble when you're trying to run the over turf, etc. I sub'd out a garden removal job on a neutral ground before I got my track machine and the guy tore up the turf around all of the gardens with his tires..