1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tmathy, Sep 11, 2001.

1. tmathy

tmathy LawnSite Member

can anyone tell me what the 27hp kawisaki liquid cool 48" with bagging system should cost?:blob2:
  2. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I don't know how much the couger is, but I did have a Turf Runner, and it was Junk, with a capital J. I would hide from it. Mechanics at the place I do business feel the same, and say the couger is better, but are still quite concerned about the Couger as well. I have a friend who runs a crew that uses both, and wishes he had a Tiger, says they both breakdown with great frequency! For what it is worth.
  3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Its....SCAG.....NOT.....SKAG, SCAGGS, SCABS, etc. I've never seen a manufacturers name mispelled so often as SCAG, four letters.

Anyway, I was told by many, and have demoed it personally (48"/25 Kohler) to determine that its best to pass on.

If you need a small dedicated bagging mower, popular choice would be a Walker.
  4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I just used a SKANK:D Sorry Scag Cougar as a demo while my Walker was in the shop and it has some o k features but I wouldn't buy one. It has a quick ground speed and a novel 3 in one deck but it is a cumbersome unit to use and operate. The price of the 52" deck with a 25 Kohler was a little over 10K in my market.

As was posted above, give the Walker a try before you spend the same money. The quality of cut is much better and the mower does a better all around job than the Scag because of its smaller size and weight. The one thing that was very obvious is that the Scag did not do the steep hills anywhere close to the Walker. I have some steep river properties and the Scag wouldnt climb them, I had to weave back up. Good Luck.
  5. tmathy

tmathy LawnSite Member

Yes I agree with the walker just sold my 20hp walker because of the hours and I still got a good price for it, not to many good things to say about the Scag I see.