Skeeter control

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Varsity L&G, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

I understand there is a Fogger I can buy to assist with this during cook-outs and parties.

Is there an over the counter product I can buy for it or is it only for the Pro's?

Need to do this for my personal property. It is getting out of hand. Right now everyone gets a can of deep woods off when they arrive.
  2. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

My brother bought a fogger at home cheapo, it has a propane canister there is a blackflag mix he uses it heats up and the oil fogs. He said it was like 40-50 bucks. I spray mosquitos but dont hold a lic where he lives.
  3. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Burgess Fogger-Works a little. Bifen in a backpack sprayer available at Lesco works great but maybe a restricted use pesticide.
  4. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

How is it used and what does it do?
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The foggers use a chemical called Resmethrin. They work well. I use one all the time. the stuff is only temporary, though. You get somewhere between two to four days of hold down control, depending on the conditions.
  6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Burgess propane mosquito fogger. Fill the reservoir with the resmethrin solution (similar ot permetherin) but specially made for thermal foggers. Light the propane--squeeze the trigger. It produces an amazing amount of white smoke which consists of the resmethrin. Nice during calm conditions--blows away too quick if windy.

Commercial companies use mostly back pack mist blowers. Greater reach and better penetration of brush, cheaper product (permethrin).
  7. bugpage

bugpage LawnSite Member

Good mosquito control is usually acheived with a good residual insecticide. 2-3 weeks control is not uncommon, depending on conditions. The Burgess style foggers are ok for a quick fog to enjoy a picnic or party. They don't offer a long fix. Of course they are also inexpensive, which is what most want.
  8. mngrassguy

Bifen in a hand can works better and lasts longer then the Burgess fogger.
  9. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

We carry Garlic Barrier. I come from a chemical background & have used many different pesticides professionally for "party sprays". I have found Garlic Barrier to work better and longer as a mosquito deterrent. And you do not need a license to apply it. :)
  10. mngrassguy

Who said you don't need a license to spray a pesticide? Don't know about NJ but you need a license to spray toxic or not here.