1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sketchy Customers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MowingMowingMowing, Apr 6, 2012.

1. MowingMowingMowing

MowingMowingMowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I was just thinking today about some of the sketch customers I have ran across over the years.

Two in particular come to mind.

#1 -- about 4 years ago when I was in high school an Italian guy calls me and I can barely understand what he is saying. Finally, I understood the county threatened to mow his place if he didn't get it taken care of, so I went ahead and did it for like $100 or something.

While I'm mowing (this is at a decent middle class home, about $225K around here) a $100,000 Mercedes and Lexus roll up with some sketch/mob looking guys walking in. The owner comes out and wants to pay on the spot, pulls a fat wad of $100s out (easily $10,000 in his pocket) and proceeds to tell me about his clubs he owns downtown ... Couple weeks later I come to find out he skipped town and owes a lot of people a lot of money...

#2 -- Homeowner stops by when I'm mowing a house and asks if I can mow his ... Over the summer I see him multiple times, he always paid in cash and seemed a bit suspicious. Also, he had security cameras everywhere (what's he got to hide, this is a decent area in a decent neighborhood lol)... Anyways, this year rolls around and there is no sign of him.

Anyways, let's hear your stories.
  2. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sketchy- but, one of my customer's and her brother wrote "Who's going to fill their shoe's?" Sung by George Jones.