Skid Laser Grader

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by RockSet N' Grade, Aug 31, 2008.

1. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Used this the other day. Graded out 43,000 sq. ft in about 4 hrs. Worked pretty well after all the bugs were worked out. Machine is great on loose material, but does not dig in automatic mode. You can switch to manual and push dirt and then switch back to auto for fine grading. Got it to 1/2" or better.

DSC01161.jpg

DSC01158.jpg

DSC01162.jpg

2. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

when they re-did some of the baseball fields by my house they used one of those except it was being pulled behind a JD tractor. Very cool way on how to level a field.

3. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

This particular manufacturer offers either skid or an adapter to fit it to 3 point for tractors

4. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

what are the two black poles standing up on the box?? I assume that the GPS devices rest on top of them. The tractor one had them also and they had white discs on top of them and then over in the corner of the field was a tri-pod with a GPS computer on top of it.

5. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Will post this here,but will add a few others to your other thread that you might want to look at.

This isn't dual grade,so you might not care,but for others that are just interested in doing flat pads they can check this one out.:usflag:
    http://www.darbyequipco.com/homepage.htm

6. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

not to hijack your thread but what is the lifting eye looking thing on top of the cab of the skidsteer for?

7. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

That Jr. is standard equiment on an MTL. It allows for craning the machine onto the trailer for easier transport to the doctor.:cool2:

When its actually running you can also crane it with an excavator into a foundation or similiar type situation.

8. Junior M

really? I have never seen one before..

9. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

its not standard equip...

10. Junior M

I have never seen it before.. Ksss just likes to make me look like an idiot because i am so gullible.. a$$hole.:laugh::clapping::dancing::laugh: