Skid Mount Spray units

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by wiseguyslawn, Feb 24, 2008.

1. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Purchasing one in the next couple weeks. Thinking the Lesco 200 gallon unit. What else would i need to purchase or what comes with. Such as the chem gun?

2. Hogjaw

Hogjaw LawnSite Senior Member

We've used the chemlawn guns.

However, me and our guys prefer the lawnjet spray gun with the tkss-20 tip. Covers about the same width, but eliminates the side to side swinging motion.

We have two of the 220 gal units and have really enjoyed them.

However, at my age, think I would really love a ride on.

3. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a 200gal Lesco Space Saver. It's a good sprayer and is perfect for use in a pickup. What size properties do you treat?

4. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

My recommendation would be to talk to Rhett with Gregson-Clark about one of his "V-200" skid sprayers. At one time, I was ready to purchase a Lesco Space Saver. Before I made the purchase, I talked to Rhett about his skids and elected to buy one from him. I've never regretted that decision.

Gregson-Clark is a sponsor of this forum. They have a link at the top of this page you can click on to check them out. I live in Columbus, so I'm not far from you.

5. turfmann

turfmann LawnSite Platinum Member
    from PRM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but with the Gregson Clark unit, doesn't it take up a good portion of the pickup bed behind the wheel wells?

I have three of the Lesco space savers and would recommend them highly. They are straight forward and simple to work on. Since they do not extend past the wheel wells you can make use of the space for other cargo.

6. Victor

I'm glad you asked about that. One of the reasons why I went with a Gregson-Clarke V-200 skid, over a Space Saver, is the fact that my V-200 takes up LESS bed space than a Space Saver. I have a full, 5 feet of useful bed space behind my V-200. If I had gone with a Space Saver, I wouldn't have that much room left over in the bed of my truck.

Other reasons why I went with a V-200 include... it comes standard with a higher capacity hose reel than Space Savers, locking-lid option, the V-200 comes with an Udor-Kappa pump (considered by many in the pump business to be the best manufacturer of ag pumps), Rhett's knowledge of his products and the balanced design of my V-200. I described my V-200 as having a balanced design, because the pump and engine are mounted on one side and the hose reel is mounted on the other. If you need to have the pump/motor and reel on the same side, you can do that by removing a few bolts a relocating the components. When I was trying to decide which skid to buy, the fact that the V-200 comes with a Honda engine and Space Savers come with Kawasaki engines finalized the deal for me. No corners seem to have been cut in the production of my skid. After having used my V-200 for a few years now, I've got absolutely nothing but great things to say about it. I also like the fact that it's got a simpler layout than Space Savers have too.

I have a friend that told me he was ready to buy a skid sprayer for his app business. I tried telling him about the merits of my V-200, but he decided to go buy a Space Saver instead. If he had the ability to do it all over again, he's told me several times that he wishes he would have listened to me and gotten a V-200 instead. He did have problems with his Space Saver by the way.

7. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

how does price compare

8. Victor

When I bought mine, they were the same price. Call up Rhett and ask him about his prices and anything else you'd like to know. The guy is great to deal with. Just because you call him, doesn't lock you into anything. Just give him a call and let him tell you about his skids. He knows them inside and out!

9. Jerry Andersen

Jerry Andersen LawnSite Member

I agree with victor. I should have went with gregson clark's sprayer

10. Rhett@Gregson-Clark

Rhett@Gregson-Clark Sponsor

Wise Guy,

Our V-200 ST sells for $ 3,494 plus shipping. You can see the full specs at http://www.gregsonclark.com/skid_sprayers.html Accessories are available and we can easily customize if necessary. Thanks for your interest.
    Rhett Clark
    Gregson-Clark Spraying Equipment
    800-706-9530

v200-truck-lg.jpg