skid sprayer calibration?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lorensanders, Mar 25, 2006.

1. lorensanders

lorensanders LawnSite Member

I had someone calibrate my machine by setting it to 50 psi and marking off a 20 x 50 and timed me spraying it. It took me 40 seconds and then he sprayed in a measuring bucket for the same time and then took the gallons and divided it by a numerical number and came up with that i spray at my desired speed 100 gallons per acre......he then set my machine to 50 psi and told me to leave it there and walk the same pace for preemergent. he figure 64 oz for 1 acre per 1oo gallons of water for aqua pendulum and vessel. 32 oz for surfking and die tracker. Is this the right chemical mixture? will it work?

Does this sound mathmatically right and should i run my machine on only 50 psi. Seems like i should run it higher but what do I no. He does work for estes inc. where i buy my chemicals...

Someone please reply thanks...

2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

sounds like the rates are right. but you may try want to get your gal per k down to 1 gal or you will be filling up you tank every 2-3 lawns depending on your tank size.