1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Skid Sprayer Question

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GravelyGuy, Sep 7, 2007.

1. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

What is the biggest area that you guys typically treat with a skid sprayer? How long can you make the hose before you lose pressure etc?

I am trying to decide whether or not my next investment should be a skid sprayer or some type of ride on sprayer. There is obvioulsy a huge price difference.

Currently I do most of my apps. with a spreader and small backpack sprayers.

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

If you plan to use weed control only--you can apply about 2 or maybe 1 and a half gallons per 1000 sqft. 300 feet half inch hose is fine--maybe even three eights hose. 200 gallons--treats 100,000 sqft.

However if you plan to mix liquid fertilizer in the spray you need about 3 gallons per thousand. Probably need tank agitation.
  3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

One of our five app's is typically liquid (early fall). We use 400' hoses with Hannay reels. No prob. But it's cuz we use 1/2 diameter hose instead of 3/8. 3/8 hose has caused us prob's in the past....especially the quick burst of spray when you pull the trigger.

also... We can treat as much or more square footage per minute by "hand spraying" compared to our PG ride-ons or our LESCO Z-two.