1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

skid sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassman2001, Feb 14, 2008.

1. grassman2001

grassman2001 LawnSite Member

I have been liscensed for two years now, and I have been doing fert and squirt for about 10 of my customers, I have been spot spraying weeds with backpack and I am looking to step up to skid sprayer. I want to know how easy it is to get skid on and off truck because I don't plan on keeping skid on truck all the time
  2. bugthug

bugthug LawnSite Member
    from PA

I built a cart that sits level with the bed slid it right in and out. easy if you have a garage.

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

Its not hard but it all depend on what you have to load it with i use a tractor with forks when i first got it i unloaded it buy hand but was to heavy to put back on by hand but you can impervise and make it work out ok
    Charles Cue
  4. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

For me it's a pain in the azz to load and unload a 200 gal skid even with a rolling table the same height as the tailgate. You will learn to spray to empty EVERY day. That thing gains about 50 lb every time I load and unload it.
  5. SpreadNSpray

SpreadNSpray LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Do you plan to hook up the electric hose reel? You would have to disconnect the wires every time also. I take mine out once a year for winter. We slide them onto stacked pallets that are the same height as the truck. Every week would get old quick.
  6. grassman2001

grassman2001 LawnSite Member

I guess I should ask what skid sprayer set up on the market would be the easiest to get on and off. I am thinking of getting the 50 gallon unit since I don't have that may accounts, and I should have room to grow with the 50 gallon unit because it sure beats 4 gallon backpacks