skid sprayers

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Toy2, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

New to all of this ''green'' stuff, and have a question: would the skid sprayer below spray the ICT products correctly or do I need something else to it?

SK-61
    Fimco model SK-61-12V Skid Sprayer, 60 Gallon, 2.1 GPM, 60 PSI, a versatile compact skid sprayer that has many uses in agriculture and lawn and garden. It can be used to spray herbicides and insecticides. It may be carried in a pickup truck or utility trailer

Thanks again.

2. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

3. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you TreeGal1, I started to read all your posts, as I am totally amazed at what organics can do.....

I wasn't sure if these spray units agitate the liquid or if it settles to the bottom...

Thanks

4. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

that will work but you wont be able to get much down before you run out. I have a 200 gal lesco space saver and a 5000 sq ft lawn uses about half of that, I put down a lot of product (mostly water as that is the carrier).

When I do my weed treatments, or when I did, it didn't take near that much but would still use a tank in a day.

5. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

Wow deep thats 20 galls per 1,000. They say do no less than 3? Some trying 6 and 10 per 1,000. I think you are the pioneer there?

6. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Well, I just want to get it down to the ground, everyone says to use it as a soil treatment so when I apply it I take my time with the amount going down as much as I can get it. I may be off on my numbers but not by too much. I have only treated a few lawns with this new mix rate, and it took a lot. I have to change it though, it is getting to be a pain as I have to fill up a lot too obviously.