skid steer air conditioning

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by ROYBOBCAT, Mar 16, 2008.

1. ROYBOBCAT

ROYBOBCAT LawnSite Member

has anyone installed after market air in their skidsteers?

2. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

What skid steer do you have? my guess would be bobcat, what size?

3. ROYBOBCAT

older model 7753

4. ROYBOBCAT

Machine is currently under going pretty thorough rehab and was considering taking it one step further by adding air. Looking for more simple non traditional options. Researched some self contained marine units that were pretty compact, just wanted some input thanks.

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Aren't the cabs pretty exposed to outside air?
    I mean, wouldn't it be like driving a car with all the windows rolled down anyway?

I just don't see the benefit, maybe on a calm day if you got a vent pointed right at your face...
    But it still won't keep the cabin cool, just that one spot, if you can feel it.

6. ROYBOBCAT

Machine has full cab enclosure.

7. rjxj

rjxj LawnSite Member

8. ROYBOBCAT

Thanks rjxj How difficult is the install process?

9. rjxj

rjxj LawnSite Member

If you're rebuilding the loader, you shouldnt have a problem with the a/c. You will just need somone to draw down and charge the system. Its basicly an engine driven compressor, hoses and a roof top unit. I dont know what your arrangement is but the Bobcats I worked on years ago had tilt forward cabs. If yours tilts forward you will need longer hoses so they can run to the front of the cab and then up the front and back to the unit. I will try to get a few photos for you.

10. rjxj

rjxj LawnSite Member

Roof top self contained unit. The can put air on just about anything you want.

[​IMG]

This Hyster has the compressor mounted on the counterweight and its belt driven from the fan shaft.

[​IMG]