Skid steer attachments

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Henry, Dec 3, 2001.

1. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

What are the most useful attachments for landscape work? (plantings, patios, walls)

Does a tooth bar on the bucket make a big difference when scraping and digging?
  2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman LawnSite Senior Member

I would say get a set of Forks so you can lift and mover stuff. Something that you can hook a chain to. I use forks for this too but others have a hook on a bucket. I like a clamshell bucket for grading and material moving. A mulch bucket is larger and useful for lighter material and snow. I also have a rockhound as I do lawn installs. I do not have a backhoe attachment as I have a mini excavator.

Many attachments can be rented which will save you if you only use them occassionally.
  3. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

3 pt. adapter plate so you can use your pulverizer and brillion seeder on it. Teeth for digging are invaluable unless all your'e doing is scraping.
  4. CHC

CHC LawnSite Member

The beauty of a skidloader, particularly these days, is that you can use almost all of the attachments out there, no matter whose machine they are; ie Bobcat, New Holland, etc. We've got a 72" digging bucket, 72" light materials bucket, & a set of 4' forks. We welded hooks on the upper edge of all of the items, & rock guards on top of the buckets. Everything else we rent as needed; most common seems to be the auger head, and landscape rake.
  5. Hank the Cow

Hank the Cow Guest

A tooth bar makes a huge difference in digging but don't use it for finish work.;)
  6. Hank the Cow

Hank the Cow Guest

Use a 3pt. adapter point so you can plug a two prong into it.