skid steer business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by operator468B, Jun 9, 2006.

1. operator468B

operator468B LawnSite Member

Does Anyone Out There Have Any Suggestions On How To Get Started In The Skid Steer Business? I Have A 468b High Flow With A Trailor And Truck To Pull It. What's The Best Way To Advertise And How Would I Calculate $ Per Hour. I Would Greatly Appreciate Any Info On These Subjects, Thanks.

2. emil35

emil35 LawnSite Member

I would too like to learn more about getting such a business operation started. As for the hourly rate calculations, send me a private message and I'll tell you how to do it. It's pretty simple but many people fail to figure it out correctly. Thanks in advance

3. rustyb265

rustyb265 LawnSite Member

I would love to start a skid steer business too. But I am scared to death to invest all that money (machine, truck, and trailer) without knowing if I can make enough money to pay for it all. Its scary.

4. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

well what are you looking to do with it...there are many things

5. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Start calling every General Contractor, builder, etc in the area. Out of 20-30 you might get a live lead. But that is who you want to get work out of. Other than that, perhaps an ad in the local "buyers guide" or whatever you call it in your area.

Also pool sales and install places might need you.

Just a couple of ideas.

Tim