Skid Steer Concrete Pump?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by thepawnshop, Apr 23, 2005.

1. thepawnshop

thepawnshop LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone out there know if the Bobcat concrete pump will work on any other brand machines (Specifically the JD320)? I know when I was shopping for skid steers, the Bobcat sales guy told me that some of their attachments were proprietary but I didn't ask about the pump. Since then I have had to rent a pump truck 4 times in a very short period of time and see the need to rent one many more times in the near future.

This may be a purchase that is definately worth my while...as long as it will work on a John Deere skid.

Thanks!

2. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Hey Scott. In theory, the 320 will be able to handle the concrete pump. I've attached the spec sheet for the pump. Do keep in mind that a truck will be able to place the material higher and (usually) farther. If I get a chance, I'll see if I figure out whether the concrete pump can be used on the Deere machines. There shouldn't be a reason it can't be. (And for double-checkedness, you may want to verify with your dealer as well.)

Attached Files:

3. TerraFirma Excavating

TerraFirma Excavating LawnSite Member

The attachment plate and hydraulic connections are pretty standard. Also looks as if the pump is controlled from a panel on the pump itself. You may run into problems because it looks as if the control actually starts and stops the machine. This may not work with you Deere machine.

I was interested in purchasing one until I heard the +$25,000 price tag. You may look at purchasing a tow behind grout pump that can pump some 1/4" - 3/8" aggregate pump mix. These standalone machines can run $25,000 - $40,000. The Bobcat concrete pump can use 1-1/2" aggregate, but the concrete company do have some really good smaller aggregate mixes. I also think you would have an easier time selling a standalone pump if you ever decide to get rid of your concrete pump.

Are you actually renting the pump truck and pumping it yourself or hiring them to pump if for you? I found affordable just to hire a grout pump to come out and pump it for me at about $150/hour. We pumped about a 30 yard slab in just over 2 hours last fall.

4. Tigerotor77W

from Germany

Oh yeah... haha, good call. :lol: The literature isn't entirely specifc about whether the remote kit is a necessity or an option, so I'll try to find out. (Others don't hesitate to post if you know.) At the moment, it appears TerraFirma is right on -- the pump probably won't work with other makes.

My error.

5. thepawnshop

thepawnshop LawnSite Senior Member

About the same price here, but with a minimum charge of $400 per job. I have used a pump truck as i said 4 times at at least $1,200 minimum expense to date. That said, I had NO IDEA how friggen expensive one of those things is. WOW! Renting one with a $400 minimum doesn't sound so bad right now!

6. TerraFirma Excavating

My Bobcat dealer said they used to rent out the concrete pump attachments, but they were coming back with concrete in them. It was quite expensive to clean them out. I think he said they had to flush them with acid.

I was ready to spend $10,000 - $12,000 on one, but $25,000 was too much. That was 2 years ago, I imagine they are closer to $30,000 now.

7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

At $30K, that's more expensive than most skid steers you'd put this attachment on! :eek:

8. Tigerotor77W

from Germany

Talked to a Bobcat rep today... he said that the pump would work, but you need the remote starting kit. I'm still not convinced that kit can be mounted on other loaders... but let us know how it goes, pawnshop.

9. TerraFirma Excavating

Bobcat S250,

Did you happen to ask the rep the current price?

10. Tigerotor77W

from Germany

Haha, no, I didn't... forgot to. :( Sorry, guys.