Skid steer/CTL/MTL poll

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Fieldman12, May 29, 2007.

1. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought this would be interesting. What machine or machines does everybody run and are you happy with it?Im going to list all the brands. Hopefully I dont miss any. I will go first. I have a 2004 250 Series II Deere and am happy with it so far.

Case
    New Holland
    John Deere
    ASV (and Polaris I think)
    Thomas
    Scat Trak ( I think now is Volvo)
    Cat
    Daewoo
    Komatsu
    Vovlo
    Gehl
    Takeuchi
    JCB
    Bobcat
    Mustang

2. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

'02 Bobcat T-190 CTL. Works great. Does pretty much whatever I ask of it and eats crushed limestone for lunch. Doubt I would ever go back to a rubber-tired skid steer.

Next machine will probably get the enclosed cab. High Flow aux hydraulics would be nice. Depending on what sort of work I get into this summer, might move up to the T-250. Great machine; tough as nails.

3. kreft

kreft LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a NH l185 skid steer.

Love it it has a cab (ac,heat) and aux. hydraulics and the quick-attach.

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

See signature for current equipment. Had an '06 Cat 277B MA11 package, cab, a/c, hydraulic coupler, 78" combo bucket, 84" root grapple, all the goodies.

5. kreft

so what happen to it SCAG48

6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Sold it, too much machine for us at the time. We still made out alright on the machine, even with depreciation and taxes the money we made with it more than covered the investment, but we would have been better off renting for 4 months. Whatever though, live and learn. Wishin' we had it back right now but hindsight is 20/20.

7. kreft

What Did You Use Ir For?

8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

We bought it to clear orchards. Our 312 would level the trees, stack them in small piles and windrow them. Then we'd come back through with the 277B and the grapple and push them into one area and stack them as high as the 312 could get them and torch the pile. Worked great, the 277 moved so many trees per hour compared to the 312 walking with a "handful" back to the pile.