Skid Steer dump height...

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by sgoalie23, Apr 12, 2007.

1. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 LawnSite Member

I don't do much skid steer work but I need to know this for a potential job. Are there skid steers that will be able to dump into a "standard" tri-axle dump truck? Also, if there are, can you name a few to help me out with finding one to rent.

Thanks,
    Brian

2. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would just tell them you want a "Vertical Lift machine". A radial lift would probably do the job but it would give you allot more clearance with a vertical and you could get much closer to dumping in the center of the bed. All of the John Deere and New Holland skids are Vertical lifts, Bobcat-T190,S175,S185,S300,S330,773,,873, Case- 75Xt,85XT,95XT,435,445,465,Cat-232B,242B,252B,268B. Hopefully this will help you out and these are some of the more popular ones.

3. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

If you could rent a newer gehl 5640 turbo it has all the power you need, good dump height, 123" and excellent dump reach of 35". It equals the vertical lift for the reach, and would have more digging pwr than most verticals in its weight range.

4. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

The Gehl machines are a great machine. I think they are one of the best kept secrets out there. I think you would see way more out there if they had a better dealer network. I would advise anyone to buy or use one. They use to make ag equipmet but ended that last year. Now they make all construction equipment. I use to own some Gehl stock when I was about 12 years old. Wish I kept that stock but move on and bought others.