Skid Steer for a bigger operator....

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Stroker, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Stroker

Stroker LawnSite Member

I know NONE are roomy. But what Skid Steer's/mini track loaders have the most room for the operator? Say somebody as big as 6'4 320. Or are they all pretty much equal? New Holland "claims" to have the biggest cab. Can anybody back that claim up?

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Stroker

I have the LS180, but I am only 5'5" and 120 pounds. Ok I use a cushion to be a big boy.:D If I was to buy one today I would be looking heavy at the Track units. In fact I might just want a smaller track unit to be able to carry Trees across turf with out tracking. However I went for a larger model to handle sod pallets.

3. StoneStacker

StoneStacker LawnSite Member
    from OR

I would look at the Takeuchi/Gehl/Mustang tracked units. I have a friend that has one and the cabs are huge. Gehl and Mustang brand the Takeuchi so I don't think their skid steer cabs are as large. The only drawback that I've heard about is the short track life. My friend has been through a couple sets of tracks in a little over 1400 hours. He's owned ASV (4530?) Bobcat T250, and now the Takeuchi. He said out of all of them the ASV had the longest track life and he's going to look into them again now that the machines are a little more refined.

4. Turfsnow

Turfsnow LawnSite Member
    from NH

Stroker
    I operate both a Bobcat 873 and a Mustang 2054. I am 6'2 280 and I fit in both just fine. To me the Bobcat is a little bigger then the Stang but in no way is it uncomfortable.

5. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

I am comfortable in my bobcat 751(probally not what your looking for) and I am 6'2" 265.

6. RedRockTx

RedRockTx LawnSite Member

I am 5'9: and weigh 220. I have New Holland LS190.B i work in daily and my boss who is 6'4" and is 265 will fit in it fine while he wont fit in his gehl 6640 as well as in the new holland. Plus new holland has a better track record, they are lighter, carry more, and are less likely to fail in my mind. Bobcat isnt worth the money neither is deere. It just depends on what you want and you need to go test them out. I know the LS190.B is quite roomy to me..but thats just cause im a little smaller than yall.

7. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

Stroker what is your email since you cant get PMs???

8. Stroker

Stroker LawnSite Member

roger@hpjunkies.com

What ya gotta do to get PM's on here?

9. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Edit them in "Edit Options."

If you look at the green bar below the Messages area (when you are signed in), at the far left, click on User CP, then on the left column, Edit options. Scroll down a bit.

10. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a 6'4" 260 lb operator who sits very comfortably in our 257B series. You should see this guy getting out of the 463 Bobcat! What a scream!

I know ideally, a machine could be made to accomodate bigger operators, but, they are what they are.