Skid Steer -FW loader - Tractor??

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by mulchingman, Jan 29, 2013.

1. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

It's always better to get something a bit bigger then you need and not use it , then get something that's too small and can't do the job or takes a long time to do it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Snooker182

Snooker182 LawnSite Member

I worked in a landscape yard for quite a few years, we had an s185 bobcat with a .5 yd bucket for pickups, a deere 244j loader with a 1.5 yd bucket and a quick attach so you could swap to forks for loading and unloading pallets of sod, then we had an old school 74 deere 544 with a 5 yd bucket for loading tandems. lots of fun when your 16 years old and given the opportunity to load trucks all day! Learned quite a lot

3. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

I started to looking in a supply yard/ nursery this year to maybe open in 3-4 years. I looking at having a 244J with a .5yd and 1.5yd bucket and forks to move tree's and pallets of material. Then im going with a 544K with a 1yd 2.5yd 3yd buckets to load larger trucks and also the feed the screener for topsoil and fill dirt. then if another machine like a skid or a tractor is there they can help load pickups and small loads helping the 244 do some bigger orders with the 544 or to load trucks and trailers with pallets trees and other materials

4. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

The one rock yard here loads with a 3 yard loader but they have a regular bucket and a special bucket that must be only 4' wide to load small trucks/trailers. It seems to work very well and a regular loader can be found a lot easier and cheaper than the small loaders.