1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Skid Steer Loader Has Arrived

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ringahding, Nov 13, 2012.

1. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

This is exactly why we got this, for snow. We have not built our business around hardscaping, but even after 10 seasons in business, ya never know.
  2. RadiantLawnCare

RadiantLawnCare LawnSite Member

I have pushed snow with tracks and tires, and it is a huge difference with tires. It will take you three times longer with tracks

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

4. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

try and find a larger machine....you wont regret it in the future....ideal for me would be an a300
  5. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Darn it, shorted my keyboard with drool :usflag:
    Used a t190 today for sod, but have been using a t140 for dirt work, going to get one next year. Really am leaning towards a heavier machine to lift sod and such with.
  6. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

Our service area is so tight(7 miles..for snow), that this size is actually perfect for us. We are not into landscaping, this machine will perform mostly snow work.
    The only thing I regret is I didn't start my business when I was 25. haha Maybe I could be sitting back right now watching the business grow from the sidelines
  7. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

We have an t300,t320,s250, a300. And then one 865 turbo I relieve. 2 ls170s and a l180. Also 2 Deere wheeled machines.

I hate running the a300. It's wayyy too bouncy and the controls are no where near smooth. But I use it everyday cause of the joysticks and cab lol. The 4 wheel steering is a nice feature as well.

I prefer the s250 I'm faster in it. They all have their places
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. Landscraper1

Landscraper1 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Southeastern Ma.

I have a S185, S250, and recently a T300. The machine we use the most throughout the year is the S185. The size is perfect for many applications.

For snow, the wheels are much better than tracks. I just purchased a set of snow tracks for my T300. I will see how it works out this winter.
  9. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

i like the a300 cause it will save your ass on buying tires....and good for all year round.
  10. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

I just got a S205 for the same purpose. A 2010 model though, 2spd, a/c, hiflow. 79" blower is coming in next week. Snow wolf tires I should pick up on Tuesday.

Besides track machines not working well in snow is most are single speed which hurts for production for tight routes.