Skid Steer Loader Has Arrived

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ringahding, Nov 13, 2012.

1. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

very nice skid what kind of plow are you planning on putting on the machine

2. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

That will have to wait til next winter, I am tapped out of $$$$...For now working side by side with one of my plow trucks @ commercials

3. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Good looking machine. Wish i could could buy one just to play around in

4. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks man!
    I had not touched a skid steer in 10 years...let me tell ya, it is like riding a bike-->>>> You never forget how fun it really is.

5. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Sweet toy have lots of fun in snow. Good luck:waving:

6. Fwilamosky

Fwilamosky LawnSite Senior Member

i don't recall the hps on all the bobcat models but does the s185 able to lift a 2000 pallet?

7. scotts lawn care

scotts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Ring - how is the new machine lately been for your commercial jobs?

Do you think it is any more efficient, or faster then a truck with a V-plow? I plow some commercial lots and 2 gas stations where a skid might be nice, except for having to trailer the skid around.
    I think a skid would be able to get real close to the gas pumps compared to a truck. Thanks.

8. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

What I have found on the 2 storms so far on my s205 that a 79" snowblower can do 120 hoa units drives in 3 hrs. The snowblower option is very sweet. I'm rented a case for another set and the 7ft bucket is very slow. Ordered a 8ft blade and been told expect to cut times in half.

While you might not want to buy a attachment depending on how this year plays out you may save the attachment price in labor/fuel.

9. Landrus2

If you have two operators it will be. If you solo and have to trailer the skid to every location it will slow you down.:waving:

10. Landrus2

Down side to blower is when you get 2 inches of snow or you catch a loose Belgian block that will take you off service :waving: