Skid steer mower

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AWJ Services, Aug 19, 2013.

1. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Not really interested in mowing grass with it mostly underbrush, vines and small trees.

The guy from rootgrapple recomended a 72".

2. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

The cutting deck 60 but the cutter covers the width. I will take pictures the next time were cutting row

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks. Pics always help.

4. AWJ Services

from Ga

5. tbi

tbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

6. AWJ Services

from Ga

The worst part about that design is when trying too push trees over it does not have a push bar so you use the mower deck or you have too raise the mower at every tree. . The open fronts with a push bar eliminate that problem. Your only talking about another 600 dollars for the open front design so not really that big a deal.

7. tbi

tbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I believe they offer the push bar design for the same price.
    http://www.wildkatattachments.com/misc.html

8. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

9. tenndigger

tenndigger LawnSite Member

I bought a Loftness flail mower 72" for my skid steer about 10 years ago. The hydraulic motor on it requires 16 gpm and 2500 psi. It will cut up to 2" trees down. Not only will it cut it mulches everything into very fine pieces. It is great for areas around ponds or very steep slopes. I don't use it very often but for things like vines and wild rose bushes it works great. It leaves the jobsite very clean. No trash to clean up.

10. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

flail mowers are nice but you can not move along very fast with them. We are all about getting in completing the work and getting out. Time is money!