skid steer pricing

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by tmc8524, Feb 13, 2008.

1. tmc8524

tmc8524 LawnSite Member

i'm looking at getting a used skid steer, how much does a decent used one run, and have anything i should look for when buying one?

2. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

Well i guess i'll start this off. What are you using it for? How much are you lifting? We need your needs of the machine, before we can lead you towards what machine would be best

3. Birdjr

Birdjr LawnSite Senior Member
    from nnj

Im in the market for a nice used skid to this year i have seen prices from $20k to $30k for a low hour machine that is loaded. Not sure if i want the cat 287 or get a 262 then add the vts system .

4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i know a dealer who has a used vts for a 262, let me know if you want the number.

5. Birdjr

from nnj

Thanx picasso but i didnt buy a machine yet, just trying to narrow down what i want and need.

6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

There's so many variables involved when buying a machine: Primary uses? Loading trucks? Heavy lifting abilities? Price? Lots of different variables to consider.

7. Birdjr

from nnj

Primary use is on existing lawns not really any new construction. Being able to lift a pallet of pavers/ wall block off of my truck and to carry them to the site.

8. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Something with at least 2000 pounds of ROC will work.

9. Birdjr

from nnj

right now im leaning toward the vts system, should i get a one or two speed machine.

10. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

and what makes you think you need vts? if you are running on lawns maybe a a300 would be nice