Skid steer quick couplers leaking???

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Bigred350, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

I was once told the fittings for the quick coupling for your attachments can be rebuilt. I have some that a are leaking pretty good. I don't mind a drip but there making a mess on my machine.

Anyone ever rebuilt the fittings? I assume there's some o-rings inside them?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Bigred350

I'm referring to these type fittings.

[​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. fire126

fire126 LawnSite Member

We have the o-rings blow out once in awhile. Not a hard fix.

4. Kepple Services

Kepple Services LawnSite Senior Member

They are not that expensive... Just replace them..

5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Juat buy a bunch and replace as needed. The male fitting can be unscrewed and a long spring with the seals will pop out. But they are a bugger to rebuild.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Easiest to just replace them.

7. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Yea once you split them in half, it seems they come loose often after that. I just replace the entire coupler. I willl say that I have more problems with Parker than other less known brands. Snaptite are excellent, I also have some that are Italian which are also excellent. The Parker versions, not so much.

8. Bigred350

I have replace them in the past. Just trying to find a cheaper alternative. Cat wants about $50 apiece for the whole fitting.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Thats not a bad price, but you can likely beat that if you take the part number to a hydraulic hose repair shop and see what they will sell it for.

10. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I just build it into the cost of doing business and keep spares on hand. I've had brand new ones start leaking for no apparent reason and I'm one of those guys that cleans off my couplers before attempting to connect and I don't drag them around in the dirt. Still, with all the on off cycles the are going to wear out. I've had some last years... 5 or more on constant use machines and some last a few days. I hate buying them and I think Bobcat's main auxiliary couplers are north of $100 each now. The attachments couplers are about $40-50, I think.