1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

skid steer towing

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ajordan193, Dec 7, 2006.

1. ajordan193

ajordan193 LawnSite Senior Member
    from WNY

whats everyone use to haul their skid steer around with....looking for trailer pics and what you use to tow with.
  2. NateV

NateV LawnSite Senior Member

Check my pics out. Don't have one of the skid but one the truck and trailer. This is my dads stuff. His skid is a Case 60xt
  3. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

heres a shot of one...this pic its hooked to a 250 diesel but i hate doing it...usually pulled with a 350 diesel dump

4. ajordan193

ajordan193 LawnSite Senior Member
    from WNY

anyone haul a 8k pound skidsteer and equipment trailer with 3/4 gas truck (V10)?
  5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

We use an F350 for the brunt of the towing, but the ideal truck for towing was our F450. Selling it, won't be availalbe for use next year.
  6. patpls

patpls LawnSite Member
    from Mn

Hi Procut, I pull a 763 Bobcat around in a 12k dump trailer behind a 03 chev 2500hd. It wasn't my ideal vehical but I've been pleasently surprised. Pull probably 150 200 miles per week with the Bobcat, rest of the time getting rock or pallets of pavers , block etc, apart from only 10mpg I am really happy with the 4wdiscs. The trailer has electric brakes too, and I will swap to a dmax but theres always something else to get....
  7. sunray

sunray LawnSite Member

I pull my T-190 around on a 14 foot 12000#trailer with a2500 hd.
    It has a 8100 vortec with Allison trans and it works great, not to say a diesel won't be nice to have but you work with what you have.
  8. sunray

sunray LawnSite Member

Sorry wrong picture,here it is.
  9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Most people around here pull skid steers behind a regular P/U truck just make sure its a heavy duty 3/4 ton or a 1 ton and make sure you have good brakes on the truck and trailer.
  10. mow king

mow king LawnSite Senior Member

Not exactly a skidsteer..but it weighs about the same as a mid-size skidsteer and its the same trailer I use.